Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cannonball: Open Pandora Port

Congrats to Seb, who has ported Cannonball to the Open Pandora handheld. 



Download it from the Cannonball binaries page. More details, including the source code, can be found in the thread here.



Currently, it's running at 30fps but does support the other bells and whistles. Reportedly, it's a better experience than playing OutRun under emulation on this platform. I've rolled some optimizations into the develop branch on github, which should help ports of this nature.

I apologise for the lack of updates recently. Sadly, my house got broken into so I've been busy organising personal matters lately. Some OutRun memorabilia was stolen too which was a real shame as it is probably not replaceable  and will no doubt just be junked. On a positive note, I'm going to investigate a genuine wide-screen mode for Cannonball as my next endeavour. 

No comments: